So it’s Fall and the pumpkin flavors are upon us and the pie crusts are secretly joining forces with our hips! If I want to enjoy pumpkin pie season I’m gonna need to take it easy on the crusts and this pumpkin pie is not only ridiculously easy but it’s also more healthy! The kids loved it so much too! Shocker.
The pan I cooked it in was quite wide in diameter so the filling came out to be low so I cut them up in bars to be sent to school individually. Next time, I’ll do it in a smaller pan for more thickness! Apart from that this was so good!
- 1 cup canned (or fresh) pumpkin purée. If using fresh please make sure to strain out all the liquid from the puréed pumpkin!
- 1/2 cup pancake mix ( I used the bob mill 7 whole grain one). This is what will help create a thin layer as the pie bakes.
- 1/2 cup refined free brown sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 180 C and grease a 23cm pan with butter. I used a bigger pan and cut the pie into bars later.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients with a whisk. And pour filling into pan.
- Bake for 35-40 min until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- I topped each bar with a pecan and less than half a tsp of a failed butter cream I’ve been trying to make for my daughter’s upcoming birthday.