I recently purchased the book “Deceptively Delicious” recommended to me by @amominlove (follow her on Instagram for inspiration on what to serve your kids in their lunch boxes everyday)! She makes it look like fun without too much effort. Love that!
Back to the book! It’s packed with recipes on how to hide healthy ingredients into your food for the kids. As amazing as the options are, my son will barely go for any of them because he’s a special type of extreme picky eater! What it has helped me with is my other kid and it has served as an inspiration to other things I could cook and smuggle into for my boy!
This recipe is adapted from Jessica Seinfeld: here it goes!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3.5 cups brown rice cereal
- 1 cup sugar free granola cereal (mine included oats and pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup flaxmeal
- 1/2 cup organic dedicated coconut (optional)
- Met butter in pan and add marshmallows. Mix around till puffed up. Do not over heat! Let mixture cool down for two minutes before adding rice cereal or else the cereal will become soggy.
- Add rice and granola and coconut
- Pour mixture into greased pan and flatten to the desired thickness you want. I like to use wax paper to pat down the treat.
- Let cool down completely and cut into desired shapes.